Important Notice Before Enabling 2FA
- 2FA requires you to download Google Authenticator (GAauth) app. After enabling, both desktop and mobile logins will require the 2FA code
- The GAauth app creates a security code every minute, which you’ll use to login, instead of the SMS-based OTP.
- Remember, you cannot access Bitbns if your phone is switched off or lost
- We recommend you store your Private Key somewhere safe. If you lose your phone, the private key will allow you to recover the GAauth codes from another GAauth app.
- If you lose your private key AND your mobile, you CANNOT access your account.
How to Enable 2FA
- Login to website
- Click on profile icon and go to profile section
- Go to Security section
- Click on Enable 2FA button.
- Read the instructions carefully before enabling 2FA & click on Enabling Now
- Enter the OTP received
- Save the backup key and click on "I have copied the Authenticator secret key safely", before scanning the QR code
- Enter your secret key saved in the last step and auth code from authenticator app
- Your 2FA is now enabled